I thought I'd give a super quick run down on how I make up my menu every two weeks. First, I gather opinions and jot down a few things that sound good and/or new recipes I want to try (right column). Then, I make a list down the page of the days and include activities we might have going on. Then lastly, I pick the easiest meals for the days we have things going on and then fill in the rest! As you can see, Belle helped me with my planning.
I could do this planing in my calendar, but my list is normally full of scratching out and moving things around. I am very particular about my planner and it's only for final drafts. :)
- Monday: Lasagna-- Jackson's request, of course. Derek has finance meeting at church, so this needs to be ready to eat as soon as he comes home.
- Tuesday: Cauliflower & ham casserole -- another meal that needs to be ready early. We are finishing up our Love and Logic classes and there's no time for a family dinner. :(
- Wednesday: Chicken nuggets, homemade macaroni and cheese-- I am hoping to make extras so I can have some leftover nuggets to keep in freezer!
- Thursday: Beef Stroganoff-- I have never attempted stroganoff... unless you count hamburger helper... and I don't. I can't believe I used to live off of that sort of fake "food like substance" in my early 20s. Bleh.
- Friday: Oven-baked fajitas. Yum!!
- Saturday: Homemade pizza -- We aren't big fans of toppings on pizzas, so we pair this with a smoothie to get a good serving of fruits and veggies in this meal!
- Sunday: Whole Fryer Chicken-- I use the leftover shredded chicken for lunches and soups!
- Monday: Tilapia & roasted veggies -- I have book club, so I purposefully planned fish for this night!
- Tuesday: Pork chops & baked potatoes -- basic and easy, but delicious!
- Wednesday: Thanksgiving celebrations!
- Thursday: Thanksgiving celebrations!
- Friday: Bacon cheeseburger soup -- I'm hoping this is better than the last recipe I tried! :)
- Saturday: Thanksgiving celebrations!
Lots of Thanksgiving celebrations! I can't wait. I've planned to prepare cornbread stuffing and green bean casserole, made with organic cream of mushroom and organic friend onions.
I picked up this handy dry-erase calendar thing from Target a few months ago. I love it! It's perfect for planning our week! I'd like to get a second one as I always plan our menus two weeks at a time, but one is sufficient. It's so handy to have it right by the fridge, so I can take a look and see what I need to get prepared when I'm doing breakfast or lunch (depending on how productive I am that day!).
I'm really looking forward to some pumpkin pie next week. What is your favorite thanksgiving dish?